USE MY SEARCH BAR

Custom Search

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Jonathan Davis DOES IT AGAIN!!!

"Got Money" - Jonathan Davis & SFA Feat. Jim Root of SlipKnot

Jonathan Davis, better known as the lead singer for Korn, recently leaked a cover of Lil Wayne's single "Got Money" to the internet to lots of positive feedback. Why? Because he's a huge fan of hip-hop, and especially of Weezy.

"I got into Wayne during the Cash Money days, in the beginning. I remember we went up against him when we put a Korn record out, and I just wanted to know what all that was about. So, I really got into all that New Orleans dirty south style music, and I've been a fan ever since," Davis explained to BallerStatus.com. "This latest album is amazing, so he deserves everything he gets from this Carter III album. I think it's amazing. I love it."

Davis, who as a member of Korn collaborated with the likes of Ice Cube, says his version of Weezy's second single "Got Money," featuring T-Pain, was the result of a studio session for his upcoming solo album. He and his crew were listening to the original from Lil Wayne, and he loved the track so much, he figured he'd try to create his own version, just for fun. When it was finished, everyone in the studio loved it, so he leaked it.

"I heard the song, and me and my manager were listening to it and he said 'I think you could sing that.' I said 'You think so?' He said 'Yea,' so I said 'alright,'" Davis explained about the unique version of the track. "I basically went in and gave it try to see what would happen if I did it in a different style, make it my own. It came out, banging."

No comments:

DSTROYR GEAR!!!!

Photobucket